Why Jules Pearls Is Beginning Again
It has been a long time.
If you have been following Jules Pearls for any length of time, you may have noticed that I haven't written anything here for quite a few years. Life moved on, and somewhere along the way my writing stopped.
But the desire to study God's Word never really went away.
If anything, something else happened during those years: I learned more.
When I first started writing Jules Pearls, I was particularly passionate about Bible prophecy and the return of Jesus Christ. I still am. I still believe that the Rapture of the Church is an imminent event and that Jesus could come for His Church at any time.
But I also look back at some of my earlier writings and realise that my understanding of certain prophetic passages was not as developed as it is today.
That isn't something I am ashamed of.
It is part of growing.
As I have continued to study Scripture, I have come to understand more clearly that not every passage concerning the end times is describing something that happens before the Tribulation. Some Scriptures I once applied to the period immediately preceding the Rapture are actually speaking about events that take place during the Tribulation itself.
Understanding the prophetic timeline has helped me see those passages differently.
I still believe that the Rapture and the Second Coming of Christ are two distinct events.
I believe the Rapture is when Christ comes for His Church, and I believe His Second Coming is when He returns physically to the earth in glory after the Tribulation.
There are still things I am studying. There are questions I don't have complete answers to. And I'm not going to pretend otherwise.
Perhaps that is one of the biggest changes in me since I first started Jules Pearls.
I'm less interested in trying to make every prophetic event fit neatly into a particular theory, and much more interested in asking:
What does the Bible actually say?
What did the original passage mean?
Who was it speaking to?
What part of the prophetic timeline does it belong to?
And how should that truth affect the way we live today?
So why come back?
Because I still have a lot to say.
But more importantly, I still have a lot to learn.
Jules Pearls is going to continue exploring Bible prophecy, the Rapture, the Tribulation and the return of Christ. But I also want to write about faith, Scripture, salvation, prayer, Christian living and the hope we have in Jesus.
I want this to be a place where we can open the Bible and explore what it says without sensationalism or the pressure to make every headline into a prophetic fulfilment.
There will be times when I will say, "This is what I believe."
There will also be times when I will say, "I'm not sure."
And sometimes I may look back at something I have written and realise that I need to change my understanding again.
That's okay.
Growing in our knowledge of God's Word is a journey.
So, after all these years, welcome back to Jules Pearls.
And if you've never been here before, welcome.
I'm looking forward to beginning this journey again.
Most of all, I'm looking forward to studying God's Word together and keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus Christ—not simply on the events surrounding His return, but on the One who is coming.
“For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout...”
— 1 Thessalonians 4:16
Until He comes.
No comments:
Post a Comment